lauantai 18. huhtikuuta 2020

How I started To Crochet


I haven´t crochet much before I started. I remember doing one crochet work in the primary school and I think it was something for the Easter time, maybe little chick or something. 

Years later I was studying in Interior Designer school and hadn´t time to learn how to crochet although my internship place boss were crocheting almost anything but at the time I wasn´t so interested to learn.

After I graduated from Interior Designer school I started to spend my free time crocheting things. I wasn´t plan to learn how to crochet, it just started naturally. I searched on YouTube suitable videos for beginners and I must say I really enjoy to crochet.

My first bag handles. These are slightly
flexible and flat shape.
First I started to crochet bag handles since my friend needed them in her bags and wanted different kind handles than faux leather or fabric ones. So I started to seek right kind yarn and suitable video on YouTube. I learned pretty quickly to crochet bag handles but then my friend was looking for some decorations that she can attach in her bag creations. I remembered my grandma´s crochet butterflies but couldn´t remember how they crochet so after couple hours seeking right kind videos I found one but the butterfly wasn´t exactly same but still it was pretty.

After making things for my friend, I wanted to expand my crochet skills and now I have crocheted ear warmers, scarf, couple ballerina slippers, baskets, cat toys and my favorite thing to crochet: fingerless gloves.

I learned all on YouTube so naturally the stitch names that I know are in English. I laughed with my friend that once I didn´t know the stitch names in Finnish! 😆 So now I´m willing to learn those stitch names in Finnish and want to learn how to read different patterns.

As you can see, you can crochet pretty much anything. Here´s some of my crochet work that I´ve made during this time.
My cats just loved to play with crocheted mice but the ball wasn´t their favorite. On the right are the butterflies. pink edged butterfly is my grandma´s that she made years ago and next to is my version.

As always, I´m open to learn anything new and interesting so now I have crochet about year and half and now I´m learning how to needle tat. It´s been little challenging but at least I´m trying and most of all, I got new experience and learn constantly from my mistakes. 

This quote describe well about my creative life. Try, learn and most of all have FUN! 

~ Minna

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti