perjantai 24. joulukuuta 2021

Merry Christmas 2021 & Happy New Year 2022

It´s almost Christmas and I´m hustling around with everything. I really hope that I´m getting done everything before Christmas eve. This time year is most busy one and that´s why I´m expecting more and more Christmas when I´m able to take little break from everything.

I was intend to write my last week of Beadtober challenge exceptionally last week but totally forgot it so here it comes.


Top row´s first photo is my crochet anklet that I made last Summer. This day´s challenge was to show "Your favorite color" because of National Color Day. I tried first time to crochet some beads along and thought that it would be hard or difficult but it was actually very easy so maybe I´ll make more. For these anklet I used gorgeous icy blue seed beads that remind me of arctic water.

Second photo from top row shows my bracelet that I made as a gift to my friend. This day´s challenge was to show some seed bead work and I choice this bracelet. I haven´t made any more since it was pretty difficult to make and it took me hours to complete this bracelet. I used pink and golden colors seed beads as they are my friend´s favorite color so who knows maybe I´ll try this some day again. 

Third and last photo from top row shows my "Cozy Vibes" which was theme of the day. I chose this gray color crocheted bracelet because its one of my personal favorite. This warms bit your wrist and it goes well when you go jogging or running and you need to swipe your forehead. It´s made of 100% cotton yarn which absorbs well water and can be washed in machine. I made total 20 bracelets in different colors so you can pick your favorite one. Bracelet is super comfortable to wear which why I thought it would be perfect for cozy vibes.

Second row´s first photo shows "Earthy Fall" I decided to show my latest purchase at the time. I found nice animal print faux leather pieces from local fabric shop. These two have most earthy and natural colors. Later I ended up cutting small pieces from these leather and made earrings that I will show you later.

Second photo from middle row shows my pumpkin creations. This challenge was in October and Halloween time was near and day´s theme was to show something related to "Pumpkin Season". These pumpkins are my very first that I ever made with help of my friend who have been creating awesome jewelry from polymer clay. It was fun and different to create something from polymer clay without using any beading method. I would wanted to make pumpkin from seed beads but didn´t have right colors at the time.

Last photo from middle row show my cat face earrings which I draw and cut from faux leather. Using faux leather feels more natural to me. Many people usually say that real leather is the best but I think faux leather is also very good choice. I got once bracelet which was made from real leather. I couldn´t tolerate the smell so I left it outside of the balcony. 

Final rows have all my polymer clay work, first one shows "National Chocolate Day", second one was "Frankenstein Friday" and last one was "National Candy Corn Day". Each one I made from polymer clay instead of beads. I was too excited to use polymer clay instead of beads. All was fun to make and making the texture to little Halloween brownies was most challenging since when I turned the work in my fingers, the texture I made was nearly gone so had to figured out how to make texture to all four sides. Frankenstein was inspired from Pinterest and I mixed the green color myself. I thought it would be perfect as a keychain but still I haven´t if that is best choice. Candy corns I thought they would be easy to make rather from polymer clay than beads but I was so wrong! I should choose beads since colors were mixing together from my fingers and couldn´t immediately figure out how to mix nicely three colors. I´m pretty pleased how the candy corn earrings look like and maybe try later to make it from beads because the colors can´t mixed so easily like from polymer clay.

Some of these creations I have already added to my Etsy shop, BlueBellJewelry and if you like to have something just for you, I´m open to your ideas and suggestions.


~ Minna

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti