perjantai 15. lokakuuta 2021

Happy October

 Happy October my readers,

The Autumn has been very beautiful this year. It´s not my favorite season mainly because it´s so dark and rainy weather. I love candles and I light them every night. I also bought outdoor lights which have warm white light. Now my balcony look very cozy and warm. I actually enjoyed my very first outdoor hot chocolate other night with wrapped in soft blanket. It was very relaxing after end of the day.

This year´s Autumn colors have been very exceptional. Most of days I´ve been enjoyed to walk and jogging in the nature and admired the gorgeous color spectrum of nature. It feels like I´m getting color therapy at the same time no matter how down I might feel myself. It´s so uplifting energy that nature offers.

For October, I also joined the ArtBeads challenge which has its own task for each day. The reason why I joined challenge like this is that I get something to post on Instagram and Facebook every day. I´m more attached to my other jewelry shop and that´s why I haven´t been so active with BlueBell. BlueBell have beautiful jewelry and I would love to develop BlueBell more so that Etsy sales would increase.

But like I said, I´m joined with October challeng that ArtBeads is hosting, I would like to write little bit how I feel it so far and my thoughts of this kind challenge.


First picture is one finished leaf after three hours and second photo is from next morning when I had finished the earrings. I usually favor the ear wires in my earrings but for these I wanted different so I chose gold plated studs where is tiny golden ball and loop where the leaf is attached

Day 1 - 
Fall Jewelry 
I wanted to make beaded leaf. I also wanted to challenge myself and do something different than usually I would do. I ended up with gorgeous beaded leaves that have different technique what I haven´t used before. I chose natural white and golden colored seed beads for this project. First one took me literally three hours to make since I wasn´t quite understand the technique that YouTube tutorial maker was using. I unraveled my bead work several times and watched the video over and over again to see where I went wrong. Finished piece is beautiful and at the next day  I made another pair. Somehow, I was processed the technique during my sleep so second one went so much faster and even enjoyed to make that leaf.

Pink jade earrings with rose gold wire.
Pink jade symblize love, peace, harmony and friendship.
It also have ability to remove toxins from the body.

Day 2 - Think Pink
This day´s challenge was to create something in pink because October is breast cancer awareness month and I thought long time what should I make. First I hadn´t any idea and I went to scrolling the Pinterest to get some inspire what I can make this day. I ended up using rose gold wire and pink jade beads what I have. I love working with wire and thought that rose gold wire is perfect for this day since it´s kind of pink too. Pink jade in turn ended up my being my choice because the stone symbolize love, peace, harmony and friendship. The gemstone also work as a healing stone and it can eliminate all toxins from your body.

This moon pendant is actually my second try, first one was too big and I wanted the moon be little smaller. I try to capture the beautiful blue goldstone so that you can see its gorgeous surface that this stone have. This stone is actually one of my favorite and I used it as bracelet what I made for my mom as a birthday gift.

Day 3 - Spooky Celestial
Day three task was bit difficult for me since I wasn´t quite sure should I share something star patterns or something else. I looked what other had shared this day in order to figure out what I can make. I ended up making moon from the silver plated wire and add the blue goldstone in the middle. The blue goldstone have beautiful deep blue color and surface looks like clear midnight sky with stars. 

Here´s my first ever made spider from wire. I used black and golden colored beads to make this spider. I named him as a "luxury spider" because of its color. He´s looking for new home so let me know if you like to adopt him.

Day 4 - Scary Statement
Fourth day´s challenge was to make something big and scary. First idea that came my mind was spider. I don´t really scare spiders but find them so unpleasant. I made my very first spider from beads and little bit wire. I actually have admire these kind earlier but thought that they were too difficult to make. If you think that too, don´t be scared to try. These are actually much more simplier to make than you would first thought.

I was so happy to find jewelry project where I can used these beautiful silver plated bead caps that I have so long to wait "the perfect" jewelry project. I used deep blue, yellow and green colored seed beads. Reason why I chose these colors is because I wanted to use this Autumn´s trend colors. Thanks my stylist friend who inform me this Autumn´s trend colors. These became so lovely earrings that I actually made second pair with different colors

Day 5 - Earrings
Fift day task was to create earrings. Earrings are actually one of favorite jewelry that I most often do. They are usually very simple and BlueBell have much more earrings than any other jewelry. I must correct that later and do more other jewelry too.

Creative people don´t have mess, this is creative mess which is entirely different thing than normal mess

Day 6 - Wip Wednesday
Wip Wednesday I took over our kitchen table and spread all my seed beads on the table. I tried to figure out colors I would use for my seed bead earrings. "Creative people don´t have mess, they have ideas lying around everywhere!"

First one is my favorite from all of these. I love its coloring in yellow, orange and red that fits so well in Autumn time. All of these necklaces are available in my Etsy shop

Day 7 - Simple and Quick
Seventh day task was to show off something simple and quick. I ended up showing my faux leather necklace that have few wooden beads. It´s simple necklace that comes total five different colors. Each necklace have different color faux leather teardrop pendant and matching wooden beads. This necklace I made under ten minutes so it´s totally quick jewelry project.

Here was one week of coverage of this challenge and if you want to join this challenge too, visit ArtBeads Instagram account and save yourself the #beadtober calendar.

~ Minna

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti