perjantai 24. tammikuuta 2020

Learning New


One of the reason why I love to make jewelry is endless possibilities to learn new techniques and there’s tons of different kind beads and jewelry supplies. 

When I started to make my own jewelry more consistently my skills were basic level. I’ve always love to make my own kind jewelry and first one I made in kindergarten. I had long hair and my mom didn’t buy from me hair ties so one day in kindergarten there were box of different kind wooden beads and elastic cord. I was so happy that I finally could make hair ties. I wished that my mom would braided my hair in the morning but every morning was so hustling that she hadn’t time to do that. When I grew little older, I learned to do French braided to myself. 

Many years went by before I ended up back into jewelry making. I have made jewelry for my friend and myself but never sold any until I got chance to make jewelry for the sale. I was so nervous and hadn’t any thoughts what kind jewelry I wanted to do so I started to browse Finnish jewelry online stores and ordered few supplies. I made mostly flower earrings and simple stretch bracelets. I got more self confidence when people said nice things about my jewelry and actually bought them.

I opened my first a Etsy shop 2012 and year after that I opened second shop, BlueBellJewelry where I continued to sell cute flower jewelry but the path has lead me more Bohemian style jewelry.

Although I have done many years now jewelry, I find it so exciting to learn new. Couple years back I learned to do tassel earrings and brick stitch was firstly tricky especially when I needed to go second row and do same thing opposite way. It took me two days to learn it and I even had dream of it. 

I’m eager to learn constantly more and try to challenge myself time to time so I can evolve as a jewelry maker. Jewelry making is so relaxing and creative. You can make things always little bit better and little bit different way. Most important thing is to enjoy to make jewelry and have some fun.

Beginning of twisted two row seed bead bracelet 

Couple days ago I learned new way to make seed bead jewelry so browse YouTube and saw tutorial about “Tubular stitch” that is two row of seed beads that twisted nicely as you proceed. I learned it quickly since the tutorial was so clearly and made to friend my first twisted bracelet.

This was so easy and neat technique that invoked me crave to search more and my next goal is to make seed bead rope. 

I hope that some day I can make this kind jewelry. Love to learn this kind technique 

~ Minna 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti