perjantai 6. maaliskuuta 2020

Jewelry Making For Beginners, Part 2

This week I’m going to show you how to make a pair of simple earrings.

I don’t usually make a tutorial video since I’m little shy to talk in English partial reason for that is that I’ve heard critics about my pronouncing from teachers and later in my life so I usually leave English talking to my friend.

So for this simple earring project you will need following:
  • Beads (any size, colors and material you like to use or have). In the video I used 8 mm beads which I actually forgot to tell you 😱
  • Pair of earring hook (I used silver plated ones but you can use any earring hooks that you get)
  • Seed beads, size 8/0 (I used in the video Czech glass seed beads which are good seed beads since they are usually same size and you don’t need to try and fit to see if they work for your project)
  • 5 cm / 2 inch long head pins (I noticed that I was so nervous while we filmed the video that I talked of eye pins while I was meant to say head pins 😱)
  • Round nose plier
  • Cutter plier
  • Flat nose plier
Steps:
  • Take the head pin and slide firstly one seed bead
  • Slide one wooden bead
  • Slide one seed bead
  • Slide one Czech glass bead
  • Slide one seed bead
  • Slide one wooden bead
  • Slide one seed bead
Cut the extra head pin if needed and make the loop. I don’t actually know what is so called right way to do a loop with round nose plier so that’s why I make it in the video like I usually like to do a loop. It can be firstly be hard to estimate how much you will need to cut the head pins but your eyes will get used it after you make more of jewelry. I would recommend to cut little bit off from the head pin so you start to bend the head pin as a loop and if there seems to be extra or the loop is going to be too big for your taste, just cut off some more of the head pin until you reach the loop size you’re pleased with.

You can watch the video below, hopefully I explained everything clearly although I was so nervous 😬 


Thank you for watching, reading my blog and happy crafting!

~ Minna 


2 kommenttia:

  1. Vastaukset
    1. Thank you. I haven’t made tutorial before so I was so nervous whole time and words just stuck in my throat. My voice sound different than I thought it sound but I’m happy that you liked this tutorial though 😊

      Poista