perjantai 11. kesäkuuta 2021

How To Write A Thank You Note FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS


This week´s post I´m going to write in English since many of my followers on Instagram were interested to know how to write a Thank you note to customers.

If you have or considering to open your own little handmade business, it´s important to let your customers to know that you care for them. Of course beautiful package is first thing but I think that little extra won´t hurt and it gives nice finish to your pretty package that you have hand wrapped.

I didn´t have any "Thank You" notes for customers until now. I´ve my own handmade jewelry business on Etsy since 2013 and branding my own handmade business been largerly my own interest to learn. 

 

WHERE TO START?



You probably wondered where to start to write your own special Thank You note for your customers. I started to look inspiration on Pinterest. Why? Because there´s a lot of ideas almost everything you can ever imagine. I simply typed in the search bar "Thank you notes for customers". My search result filled my page and I took A4 size paper near to me so I write sentences or words that I like. Don´t worry, these doesn´t have to make any sense yet. Mine list was super messy, I over lined those sentences and words when I felt that this was IT that I like to use in my thank you card.

Some of these creations you can purchase directly on Etsy or other company if you find ready made thank you note that is suitable for your business. Those who feel more creative can use Canva for this purpose. I wasn´t much Canva type person before mainly because I felt it was difficult to use but my friend recommend to use it and showed how to create things, I find it now best tool for everything you need to create for your handmade business.

WHAT`S IMPORTANT TO MENTION IN YOUR CARD?



When I look all the search result, I found couple things all of them: Big cursive Thank you, your business name and some of them have social media icons in the card so the customer can find and follow you easily on social media. 

When I start my handmade business in 2013, I thought it was important to be every social media channel that I find so I was long in Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Nowadays, I feel it´s more important to choose which social media you like to use since you can´t be everywhere and constantly posting into them so the algorithm would consider your content worth to show all of those people. My advise is to choose which social media channel you like to use and focus on them. It´s more useful to produce quality content in few social media channel than trying to catch up all channel. Think what kind customers you like to draw in your business. Okay, a bit of offside my topic but I love marketing so I enjoy reading on the subject.


Here´s how my "Thank You" note for my customers look like. I made this with Canva when I decided what I want to say in my card. I use Canva´s own business card template and changed colors and fonts. I firstly planned this in the paper, maybe too old-school nowadays but I find it more easy. Feel free to design your own card directly on Canva or any other software you like to use.

I want to highlight that all my jewelry are handmade so I put it as a first with capital letters. I added blue heart to soften impression since usually when you write all in capital letters on social media means that you´re shouting and that´s not the impression you like to give your customer.

After the headline comes your special "Thank you" words. I liked to include that my jewelry are "unique" and "handmade" so make sure that your important keywords can be found in your special thank you section.

Third part, I like to ask feedback from the customers since I´m interesting to know what they think about of my jewelry. Many Etsy feedback have been really heartwarming and really made my day.

Finally, this is totally optional, you can add your social media channels. As you can see, BlueBellJewelry can be found on Facebook and Instagram so feel free to follow me there.


Let me know what you think of this post, did it help you write your own special thank you note for your customer or do you have any questions? I gladly help and assist you anyway I can.

Have a lovely Summer ☀ 

~ Minna

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti